Forwarding email from Comcast to new email
Many customers use Comcast’s free email address, we always recommend that you keep your email separate from your internet access provider.
When you cancel your internet service, many times the email service is removed as well causing you to lose your email address.
There are plenty of good free email services as well as the better option which is to setup your own domain name (eg mydomain.com) and then have mailboxes under that. This will allow you to move between providers without worrying about ever losing your email address.
To forward your email from Comcast to your new email address, just follow these steps:
- Login to your Comcast/Xfinity Email
- Click on the Gear icon at the top right of the page
- Click Settings from the drop down menu
- Under Email setting select Auto-forward
- Check the Enable Mail Forwarding box
- Enter your new email address in the text box
- Select whether you want to delete or save copies of these mails in your Comcast mailbox.
- Save settings
This will forward your email from Comcast to your new address. But do note that when your Comcast account closes, your mailbox will be closed with it. Make sure you mail your contacts in advance with your new contact information.